Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Flow to refresh page

Hello,

Is there a way that I can use Microsoft flow to refresh a Web page?

Specifically, I'm looking to schedule a refresh to my Power BI Report (since Reports don't get automatically refreshing using a scheduled refresh in Power BI Service) so I was wondering if there's a way I can just refresh the web browser?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Using Flow to refresh page

Hi @Anonymous,

Currently there is no action can be used directly to refresh a Web page. While you could try with the custom connectors using the Custom APIs. More details about the custom connectors, check it at here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/register-custom-api

I have found a blog which would be a help for you:

https://medium.com/@Konstantinos_Ioannou/refresh-powerbi-dataset-with-microsoft-flow-73836c727c33

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

What exactly do you mean by "Reports don't refresh using a scheduled refresh"? The scheduled refresh refreshes the dataset and all the reports connected to that dataset get refreshed also in Power BI Service.  If you're trying to schedule a refresh to your report, use the scheduled refresh. Note that the scheduled refresh might take a anywhere from a couple of seconds to several minutes so it isn't instant - that's why it may seem like the report isn't refreshed..

Theblog that @v-yamao-msft mentioned (https://medium.com/@Konstantinos_Ioannou/refresh-powerbi-dataset-with-microsoft-flow-73836c727c33) worked like a charm for me if your trying to refresh a Power BI dataset with a flow, i.e use some other trigger than schedule, since Power BI Service has a scheduled refresh already built in.

Regards,

T

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

My reports do not refresh using a scheduled refresh. Only the dashboard updates but when I click on the report, it does not update even when I wait for hours, so I just end up refreshing the page after multiple hours then it refreshes. I would like my report to refresh without manually refreshing the page. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

That's strange.. I haven't encountered that. The reports should refresh just like the dashboards with a scheduled refresh on the dataset.

Are you viewing the report when the scheduled refresh takes place?

Regards,

T

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm usually on the page of the dashboard (which will be the case once I figure this out and display it on a TV at my office) or even just browsing the web when the scheduled refresh takes place. If I am remembering correctly, when I just had a report and not a dashboard, the report would refresh but ever since I created a dashboard only the tiles have been refreshing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

That's weird...I'm afraid I can't help you since I can't reproduce the issue. Maybe try looking through Power BI forums if anyone has encountered the same issue with scheduled refresh.

As for your original question about refreshing a webpage with flow, unfortunately I have no clue.

Regards,

T

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,614)