cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Using Flow to send an email based on option selected in Microsoft Form

Hey all - I thought I posted this, but I cannot find it so I am assuming I did something wrong when I posted it.

I am trying to create a flow, based off the Microsoft Form I created to request access to an application. In this request there are 6 different access options, two of those options require additional approvals. Below is a snapshot of the flow - it does not seem to let me pick which two I need to separate if they are chosen and have them sent to an additional email.

It worked perfectly until I decided to try to add this in so the person did not get all emails, they would only get the ones that they had action to take on.

Any thoughts of what I am doing wrong? I am sure, as I am new at this, it is pretty simple and staring me in the face - those are the ones I seem to miss. 😔

2020-04-15_9-07-58.jpg

The condition uses an expression based on Access Type - 

contains()System Admin,Configuration Admin) it tells me it is an invalid formula - Ugh! 🙄

2020-04-15_9-08-27.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

hi @Samortensen  if you need to compare 6 diferents options I recomend you use Switch control, please see this example

addmore.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

hi @Samortensen  if you need to compare 6 diferents options I recomend you use Switch control, please see this example

addmore.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi!

Your condition is currently evaluating if answer to 'Access Requested' contains answer to 'Acces Type', right? And you cannot save your current flow design due to the error, right?

If so, it seems a Data Type mismatch

My suggestion is the following:

Create another Flow for testing purposes, same trigger, same 'Get response dateils'. Execute the flow, inspect the outputs of 'Get response details'. If once you inspect the outputs you do not find the way to fix it yet, please and share a screenshot

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

It took me a couple of moments to realize that I could not put two options on one case - so I made a case for each special option and then default the others. Thank you so much for the information - all of you!!!

woot.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,184)