cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Re: Using Flow to update from one SharePoint List to another SharePoint list with matching fields

Your segment column is a search, in my example I use this as a single text.

In OData the query must meet the documentation, to work correctly I will need you to give me the names and types of each of these 3 columns.

I will make an example for you and put here, so you can import and compare with your current flow

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Gustavo Moraes, o astronauta brasileiro do Flow!

Ruenells
Level: Powered On

Re: Using Flow to update from one SharePoint List to another SharePoint list with matching fields

I did your compose and it is reflecting the correct information I also updated all of the fields that I am needing to update with those compose fields and ran the flow successfully still not updating the list 2.  I am so lost as to why this is not working as expected.

flow8.png

Super User
Super User

tay calm, it's more complicated to work with query columns, I'll set the example and leave it as explanatory as possible for you, so you can quietly do something similar

Ruenells

Thank you for your help I appreciate you guiding me through this.  It is not always easy.

Super User
Super User

@Ruenells 

I put here in attachaments the Flow,

I create one compose for each parameter, and put inside it the value of each colunm, like belowFlow 1.jpg

Flow 2.jpg

If you don't know how import an Flow you can see this here

W8 for good news!

Ruenells

I click on the import button and it just spins not doing anything i swear this it out to get me.  Is there a way to view the file so i can replicate it?

Dorinda

Super User
Super User

This is the full print of flow, but i follow the steps that i put beforescreencapture-us-flow-microsoft-manage-environments-Default-cb223f09-131c-4e3e-ab6f-0798658a438c-flows-e218208f-453d-4021-8479-3bfdc9d73836-2019-05-23-16_16_01.png

Ruenells

Rebuilt from scratch and it says it ran successfully but didnt update the list at all...any other suggestions?

Super User
Super User

Can you post the history of get itens here? Includind the OData and result?

Ruenells

5.png6.png7.png8.png9.png10.png1.png2.png3.png4.png

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@Ruenells   as we saw together we had some troubles with the OData , because the column have some spaces, and i don't know why it isn't working, but we had workaround this by using an condiction inside apply to each to ensure that the values will be the same.

Can you please mark the thread as solutioned?

View solution in original post

Ruenells

Thank you so much for taking the time to work through this. It really will be a time saver and I have learned a lot. If you ever need SharePoint help I am your girl!!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,101)