cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Using HTTP action to call another flow

I have a flow that calls another flow using an HTTP action like this...

HTTP action in calling flowHTTP action in calling flow

There are two things that are causing issues in this action.

1. The id variable is an integer, but the HTTP action is sending it as a String, which will cause issues in the called flow.
  2. The step fails with the error message, "The api-version query parameter (?api-version=) is required for all requests," but the query parameter is clearly visible in the URI.

Am I just not understanding how to use this action, or is something weird going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Using HTTP action to call another flow

1) If you are passing it as a query it will always go as a string

2) If i remember correctly this was a bug highlighted earlier. The flow gets confused because you are passing the Get vairables in the URL as well and as Query as well.

To fix this remove the queries and use them directly in your url for example

https://URL/invoke?api-version=2016-06-01&sp=%2Ftriggers%2Fmanual%2Frun&sv=1.0&sig=test&id=[ID]&requ...

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,

Rahber

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

1) If you are passing it as a query it will always go as a string

2) If i remember correctly this was a bug highlighted earlier. The flow gets confused because you are passing the Get vairables in the URL as well and as Query as well.

To fix this remove the queries and use them directly in your url for example

https://URL/invoke?api-version=2016-06-01&sp=%2Ftriggers%2Fmanual%2Frun&sv=1.0&sig=test&id=[ID]&requ...

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,

Rahber

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

@Rahber  Ah, yes, thank you. That worked a treat. 😀 It looks like it was a little of both. I didn't understand how to properly use it, and something weird was going on! I hope the Power Automate team knows about this bug.

A couple notes for anyone else facing this issue... Since I moved the query key/value pairs into the URI, I had to remove both the Content-type header from the HTTP action in the calling flow, and the JSON schema from the HTTP trigger in the called flow. In order to use the query values in the called flow, I initialized a couple new variables, and set the starting values to...

triggerOutputs()?['queries']['parameterName']

...where parameterName is the query key in the URI.

Much more detail is available here (it was very helpful after using @Rahber's suggestion).

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

@Rahber Thank you for your answer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,037)