cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonathancavey
Helper I
Helper I

Using HTTP to update a user in Zendesk

I am trying to pull data from office and update corresponding fields in Zendesk for users. Using a PUT HTTP request & the OAuth authorization I am running into an error:

"BadRequest. Http request failed as there is an error getting AD OAuth token: '*************: Invalid client secret is provided. Trace ID: ***************** Correlation ID: ********** Timestamp: 2020-04-09 14:32:22Z'."

Attached is the Error and a picture of the flow. We have all of the information Oauth.PNG

HTTPError.PNGHTTP.PNG

I tried using the Zendesk 'Update Item' but the user field is a read only. 

I also have admin access in Zendesk & Azure.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the replies.. I solved by putting "/token" after my user name and the token as the password for basic oauth

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JohnAageAnderse
Super User
Super User

Hello @jonathancavey 

Are you sure you have to use a PUT request? I just browsed the ZenDesk documentation and they show examples with POST!

Kind regards, John

The main issues I am running into is authenticating myself through the HTTP request (POST & PUT). I have attempted all of the options available to authenticate myself. 

Hello @jonathancavey 

It does state that the secret provided is incorrect! Can you try using another tool, PowerShell for example, to send a request with the same information and see if it works? Or ask ZenDesk support for assistance.

Kind regards, John

I have used postman to call the same information and it worked.

I have also tried creating a custom connector but that is giving me authentication problems / host web address as well. 

This might not be a solution but more of a workaround.

Have you tried using the HTTP to authenticate and get a token?

You should be able to POST an authentication, get a token and use the token in your next request to update the user. 

Thanks for the replies.. I solved by putting "/token" after my user name and the token as the password for basic oauth

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (71,247)