cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sonia316
Helper I
Helper I

Using Join to group column values to output to a word document

I am trying to automate status reports into a set word document.  I have been able to do automate the report, however, I need to group like projects based on their strategy, so that only the strategy shows with its like projects.  Below is the flow I have used to filter by strategy - but I am unsure how to use JOIN to group the outputs together.  

Sonia316_0-1657728963884.png

So the output looks like this:

Sonia316_1-1657729530185.png

With each program under

3 REPLIES 3
Sonia316
Helper I
Helper I

I'm trying to do something similar here.  I think my issue is how do I set up the word doc.  

I tried this and it wasn't exactly what I needed either - https://www.bythedevs.com/post/how-to-populate-a-word-template-with-repeating-control

This company has something I can purchase that does it, but I can't believe I can't do this myself.

https://plumsail.com/docs/documents/v1.x/flow/how-tos/documents/create-docx-from-template.html

acox
Helper II
Helper II

Hello @Sonia316,

Hope you've been able to work out the problem already!

Similar to you, I tried to set up automatic document filing using the free actions available in Power Automate, but it was too time-consuming and impractical. If you are still struggling with this, Plumsail Documents that you mentioned is quite a decent solution, even though it's paid.

The answer was no - we just decided to leave it and they can delete the extra instances of it.  As with most companies we aren't purchasing anything extra at this point.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,862)