Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rkaur
Helper IV
Helper IV

Using RevokeAccess Unbound Action to make record/form readonly for entire Org

Hi,

My requirement is to make a record read-only post an event takes place on a related entity record.

I can definitely retrieve my record in question but what I'm not able to do is to use "RevokeAccess" action to remove edit permissions from this record for all the application users in the environment.

Attaching flow screenshot. Yello highlighted section is the place where i would want to be able to revoke edit access from all user in Org. Just like in a Jscript i can simply mark a field as read only or make entire form readonly by marking all UI controls as disabled.

RevokeAccess Action.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rkaur ,

You could use this action on custom entity.

I did a test for you.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1638506835127.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1638506856415.png

vxiaochenmsft_2-1638506876102.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Rkaur
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi All,

Just a test - I'm leaving the value in "Revokee" field blank and only passing values for Target field. But, can someone please confirm if we can use "RevokeAccess" action for custom entities. I'm trying to revoke permissions from my custom entity and in the target i'm passing <entityschemaname>(GUID) but its telling Resource not found for the segment.

RevokeAccess Action (Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM) | Microsoft Docs

Any help appreciated.

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rkaur ,

You could use this action on custom entity.

I did a test for you.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1638506835127.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1638506856415.png

vxiaochenmsft_2-1638506876102.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Rkaur
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi  @v-xiaochen-msft ,

The main issue here is to make this action work for all the users.. and I'm looking for to make this record read only across Organization so that means to all the users in the Organization not just one specific where this Revokee input causes a trouble. 

I was able to pass the GUID for my custom entity in Target field (Thanks for the above reply, I was missing the forward slash) and left Revokee field blank.

I got below error - 

An error occurred while validating input parameters: Microsoft.OData.ODataException: One or more parameters of the operation 'RevokeAccess' are missing from the request payload. The missing parameters are: Revokee.
at Microsoft.OData.ODataParameterReaderCore.EnterScope(ODataParameterReaderState state, String name, Object value)

Is it not possible to leave Revokee blank and make this action work for all the users in the Org ?

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rkaur ,

You want to revoke everyone's permission for the same record using an action, right?

If so , I think you could create an accese team and add all your users in it.

Then you could grant permission for the team.

Now, you could revoke permission for the team.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1638856985863.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Rkaur
Helper IV
Helper IV

Sure, thanks @v-xiaochen-msft , let me try that

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,509)