cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhiheu
Advocate III
Advocate III

Using 'Send an email from a shared mailbox (V2)' from an AD service account - 'Test connection failed'

Hi,

I have a flow which I would like to use 'Send an email from a shared mailbox (V2)' from an AD service account. It works fine when I use it from my personal account, but I get 'Test connection failed' and it gets stuck on 'Updating...' when trying to add the service account's Outlook connection:

error1.jpgerror2.jpg

The service account:

• Has an Office 365 F3 licence assigned (with Flow for Office 365 K1 turned on within)
  • Has 'Full Accession' permission to the 'test sharedmailbox' ('The Full Access permission allows the delegate to log on to this shared mailbox and behave as the owner of the mailbox.')
  • Doesn't have it's own individual mailbox, since it's a service account and no one would be checking it.

If I try and log into the service account on outlook.office.com (to see the shared mailbox) it says 'We couldn't find a mailbox for this recipient. Either they don't have a mailbox or don't have a licence assigned.' When I log onto office.com it doesn't show Outlook as an app. Is this a licencing issue, because it doesn't have a specific Outlook licence assigned? Or something else?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
alrez
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

Looking at this it appears the Flow is set up fine. It has to be some kind of licensing or authentication issue with the service account itself. I would recommend opening a ticket with Microsoft Support on this. I will include a link on how to do so below; Unless any other communities member knows what is going on feel free to chime in.

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks @alrez. I fixed this by giving the service account a mailbox - I was hoping not to do this but I couldn't find another way around it. Others encountering this issue may wish to open the support ticket as your suggested, to see if there is another way to get around this.

2 REPLIES 2
alrez
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

Looking at this it appears the Flow is set up fine. It has to be some kind of licensing or authentication issue with the service account itself. I would recommend opening a ticket with Microsoft Support on this. I will include a link on how to do so below; Unless any other communities member knows what is going on feel free to chime in.

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @alrez. I fixed this by giving the service account a mailbox - I was hoping not to do this but I couldn't find another way around it. Others encountering this issue may wish to open the support ticket as your suggested, to see if there is another way to get around this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Automate User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (27,737)