cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rburkwood

Using ToDo to manage Planner Tasks

Hi,

I've successfully built a flow to create a Planner task and assign it to me when I add a task in ToDo

I'm trying to create a flow that will mark the Planner task as Completed when I cross off the task in ToDo but am running into trouble.

I currently have:

1. (ToDo)When a to-do in a specific folder is updated

2. (Planner)Update a task

Task Id (Dynamic content ToDo) Title

Progress Completed

Every time I test it it returns "Not found"

I do find it odd that in the flow that creates the Planner item it asks for the Group Id and the Plan Id but in the flow to update the planner task it doesn't ask for either of these things so it suggests to me that it doesn't know in which planner to look for the task to mark as completed? 

What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @rburkwood 

If you want to check if a planner task title equals to a to-do title.

You need to add an action of 'List all to-do's' to get to-do title.

Here are the steps for your reference:

2.11-21.PNG

If I've misunderstood your need, please feel free to let me know. And could you take screenshots of your detailed flow?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Kira Xie
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @rburkwood 

The reason why the task is not found is simply because you choose the dynamic content 'Title' to fill in the 'Task Id'.

The dynamic content 'title' is actually just plain text and not the unique identifier of the task.

Even if you choose title from dropdown for Group Id and Plan Id. These titles from dropdown is actually not stored as the titles of the task, but Id.

The unique identifier of the task is the dynamic content 'Id':

2.10-7.PNG

You can find the group Id and plain Id in the URL:

2.10-8.PNG

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

rburkwood

Hi,

Thanks for the tip - that does make sense.

However It's not allowing me to select the Planner dynamic content "Id" in the Planner action as shown in your picture. It only shows me the Dynamic content options for the "ToDo" app. If I select the ToDo dynamic content "Id"  the flow fails.

rburkwood

I've now tried to list my Planner tasks and then use a condition function to find if the Planner Value title is equal to the ToDo title then to update the task but this didn't seem to work either!

Any other suggestions?

v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @rburkwood 

If you want to check if a planner task title equals to a to-do title.

You need to add an action of 'List all to-do's' to get to-do title.

Here are the steps for your reference:

2.11-21.PNG

If I've misunderstood your need, please feel free to let me know. And could you take screenshots of your detailed flow?

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

rburkwood

Brilliant!

That's it, working perfectly now. Thanks so much for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,396)