cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daryl_K
Helper II
Helper II

Using a Flow to write a numeric value back to a list column

I have a Flow that runs once every 24 hours and parses every item in a SharePoint list that meets some criteria, calculates time elapsed (in days) between the present day and the Last Modified field on each one, then executes a number of automatic emails based on the results.

This part has been working fine for years, but someone requested the one thing I've never done using a Flow: write a value back to the list. They figured since I am already calculating the number of whole days elapsed since the list item was modified, why can't I insert a command to write that value to a new column in the same list so someone can view it at a glance.

Well, as I noted I've never written back to a list, so I created a new, unused column in the list called "Idle Days." I then used an Apply to Each, taking the output from the whole days elapsed calculation and writing it to the column.

Doing so I get the error below. Am I using the wrong approach entirely? It's just an integer, and I want to write it into a blank column, but am not sure how else to approach.

2022-05-06_14-24-13.png

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,264)