cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jompad

Using a Switch to move tasks between Buckets

Hi! Trying to use Power Automate to create tasks in new buckets when a task is completed.  

jompad_0-1670464720490.png

So here's what I have so far. First steps in the flow are to gather content from an entry form my team fills out.  I have another flow that generates a task for the first bucket.  That works fine. This flow then grabs the form details and task details for when a task is completed.

I'm then using a switch to trigger 2 new tasks to populate.  However when I test this, I complete a task in the first bucket and it creates 8 tasks in the second bucket. Hoping someone can help!

jompad_1-1670465038085.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @jompad ,

The only way to connect two flows together is for one flow to call a child flow, then you can pass the create date to the child flow to use as an input parameter:

Call Child Flows - Power Automate | Microsoft Learn

How To Use Child Flows In Power Automate [Step By Step] (zeitgeistcode.com)

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jompad ,

Are you using two triggers within a single flow? It's not working, one trigger for one flow to use.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Is there a way I can still pull details from the form that was used to create a task in another flow so that I can use it in expressions?  For example. I have a 'start date' and I'm trying to get the flow to create due dates off of the start date. I added the second trigger so that I could pull details from that form entry.

Hi @jompad ,

The only way to connect two flows together is for one flow to call a child flow, then you can pass the create date to the child flow to use as an input parameter:

Call Child Flows - Power Automate | Microsoft Learn

How To Use Child Flows In Power Automate [Step By Step] (zeitgeistcode.com)

Best regards,

Thank you! I'm taking a look at it now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,283)