Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Using a clickable image for an array of attachments

Hello all and happy new year.

I am using a Send with Email Options action to use as an approval.  I just found out that the attachment limit is 3 MB.  There are always more than 2 attachments so i created an array.  What I would like to do is have a clickable image to that opens the attachments.  It works as intended but instead of one image for the array, it creates an image for every attachment.  So if there are 4 attachments, there are 4 link images.  

Can i one link that represents the array so that no matter how many attachments there are, there is only one image?

Thank you all!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Using a clickable image for an array of attachments

where are the attachments coming from?

Your best bet would be to create a folder in sharepoint and uploaded the attachments there and then link to the folder.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Misa,

If you want to send a clickable image, it's only supported in the Email body by using HTTP format.

And you can create a share link for a fold, put this link into the image:Annotation 2020-01-20 140032.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Hi @v-litu-msft and @Gristy 

So the attachments have been added to a SharePoint customized form and are "held" in the list.  The clickable links work like they should but I would like to create a link to the array of attachments

I didn't think that creating a folder in another library and creating a link to that library folder would make sense because there would be 2 copies of the attachments.  Plus a flow would need to be created to create the items in the new library.  I could be wrong 🙂

Super User II
Super User II

Misa you could try this:

1) Add a new field to the document library

2) any attachment for the relevant flow update with a unique ID

3) If you filter that list by an ID you will see the URL change

4) figure out the format of the URL and generate it dynamically in flow to embed in your email

Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Thank you for your suggestions.  I found out that you can't have a link to the array because its not an actual "thing". 

I will try what you wrote.

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,612)