cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ASchrader19
Frequent Visitor

Using a form to grab/share a file from SharePoint

Good time zones all!

So, I'm working on making a document repository of sorts for my company, since we have a bajillion files and such.

I'm wanting to make a Microsoft form that the end-users can fill in their First Name, Last Name, and Email. Then at the bottom of the form, I have a drop-down menu of the files they want to get. From the selection of the file, the flow would then grant them access to the file from a SharePoint Site Library that I made that holds all these files in there.

I had this working some time ago, but now it doesn't seem to be working. I can select the form I want, but it grabs a completely random form out of the library, not the one I'm looking for. Here's what I've got so far:

Sharepoint PowerAutomate Thing.pngimage.png

I'm curious if I'm doing something wrong, but I could've sworn I had it working correctly.

Any chance someone could help me out?

6 REPLIES 6
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@ASchrader19  Please make it clear how do you identifying document id from SharePoint Lib?

Also it will be good if you can

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

share complete flow and ms form screen.

@Hardesh15 That's one thing I'm unsure about truthfully. We just switched to O365 not that long ago and I'm trying to learn as much as I can about it. I'm unsure of how to get the document ID, and from the looks of it, I dont even have the document ID in the flow. 

How would I go about adding that? The pictures attached are the complete flow and MS Forms pages.

@ASchrader19  See you are already asking user about file name in MS form. Use Action-Get files This will give you all files from your document library then use condition to match you document name form get items and MS Form . In Yes block you need to use grant access to file and folder... action and pass id from get files.

Add these steps- i am using compose to take file name from Get response details.

Hardesh15_1-1633760308027.png

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

@Hardesh15 

Apologies for the delay in response, in the compose area, what did you put in for the inputs? I went ahead and threw in the name of the document they're requesting, but just wanting to make sure i do this right.

@ASchrader19 Please see compose text- I have put requested file name from get response details.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

@Hardesh15 Here's what I've got.

I'm going to try and have it send an email as well, it says it's all successful, but I don't receive any notification that it worked as intended.2021_10_11_09_49_49_Window.png 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,938)