cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdent
Regular Visitor

Using an event acceptance as a trigger for sending an email (Outlook 365)

Disclaimer: I am new to Power Automate

My work calendar (Outlook 365) is regularly populated with appointments that are generated from a secondary system and are boilerplate (same sender, predictable subject, etc.). Each time I accept one such appointment, I need to manually send an email with additional stock information to one of the people included in the appointment. This person changes with each appointment and is both named in the subject line and included in the to: field. I would like to automate this process.

So far I have tried working with “When an event is modified (V3)” and “When an event is added, updated or deleted (V3)” with no luck. At this point I’m guessing I will have to include trigger conditions and/or add custom code, both of which I am unfamiliar with. While I have coding experience, I am not familiar with the schema behind Power Automate.

Is there a relatively straightforward way to accomplish this? I’ve searched through the forums a bit and have yet to find a similar template or example to work with. I’m happy to get into the weeds, but need some structure to get started. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @jdent,

I think you can use the responseType field for this.

responsetype.png

Add the following expression as trigger condition to a When an event is added, updated or deleted (V3) action.

@equals(triggerOutputs()?['body/responseType'], 'accepted')

triggercondition.png

Hope this helps a bit. Let us know if you need any additional help with the email stock information part of your flow.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @jdent,

I think you can use the responseType field for this.

responsetype.png

Add the following expression as trigger condition to a When an event is added, updated or deleted (V3) action.

@equals(triggerOutputs()?['body/responseType'], 'accepted')

triggercondition.png

Hope this helps a bit. Let us know if you need any additional help with the email stock information part of your flow.

View solution in original post

jdent
Regular Visitor

Thanks @Expiscornovus! Exactly the nudge I needed. I'll dig in to the rest and see how things go. As an aside, it seems to work without the initialize variable step. Does that just help with error avoidance or something similar? Thanks again.

Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

@jdent you don't need that variable. I just used that for testing purposes 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,416)