cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Using condition on the file name in Dropbox

Hi, 
I am a new user. I want to create a flow where when a new file is created in a drobpox folder and if the file name contains a certain text/number it will send an email with the file as an attachment. A screenshot of the flow is attached. But the flow is not working as the flow does not read the file name as it shows on the display.

For example, Actual file name: "BOL delivery Note N-DUO-2-ANT"

File name read by flow: "Qk9MIGRlbGl2ZXJ5IE5vdGUgTi1EVU8tMi1BTlQucGRm"

How can I make this flow work?

Thanks in advance for your help.file namefile nameThe flowThe flow

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@Rafiq50 

Hi there.

After your trigger, try adding the DropBox action "Get File Metadata" to see if that gives you the name you're after.

Keep us posted.

-Ed

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Rafiq50

You can parse the response from the "When a file is created action" and use in your condition and use the Get File content to get the metadata required for the attachment content. You can get the JSON schema from the output of a successful When a file is created action run.

See if this works for you. I've used dropbox and your test scenario.

Source

PAUG_DBOX4.png

Flow

PAUG_DBOX1.png

PAUG_DBOX2.png

Results

PAUG_DBOX3.png

Cheers,

Aman

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post helps you with your problem or answers your question, please mark it Solved or Answered. This helps anyone with similar challenges. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Highlighted

Hi, 
Thank you all for your suggestion. I tried this simple workaround and it seems to be working so far. 

flow.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,673)