cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jsalaz1989
Advocate III
Advocate III

Using environment variables in trigger

I'm trying to use an environment variable in a OneDrive trigger. I know some time ago the docs stated that only 3 trigger types could take env vars (I believe it was SharePoint, and some other two that were neither OneDrive nor Outlook). Nowadays the docs do not state such a limitation so it seems like basically any trigger can take an env var now.

However, my 'When an item is created in OneDrive' trigger doesn't open up the dynamic content. Some forum answers mention typing in "@parameters('MyVarName')" but if I do that, the trigger doesn't get triggered. If you peek at the code, you see "@@parameters('MyVarName')", ie. it has a double "@". If you omit the "@", then peek code reveals "parameters('MyVarName')", ie. it's missing the "@".

I've been waiting for a while to be able to use env vars in any trigger (or at least the most common ones) but it seems like that's not the case yet?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,344)