cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Using executeFlow in SharePoint column

Hello, 

I have flow set up using the trigger "for a selected item".  To trigger this flow I have added a button in one of my SharePoint columns using JSON formatting. This has worked perfectly for months and has recently stopped functioning all of a sudden. 

Does anyone know if there has been a change to the CustomRowAction of ExecuteFlow that might have broken this?

For the purposes of this example, I have replaced my Flow GUID below with 00000s. 

{
"elmType": "button",
"style": {
"border": "none",
"background-color": "transparent",
"color": "#0078d7",
"cursor": "pointer"
},
"txtContent": "Email Coordinator",
"customRowAction": {
"action": "executeFlow",
"actionParams": "{\"id\": \"000000-000000-000000-000000\"}"
}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@scottgm I've managed to fix the same exact issue:

1. Open your specific flow
  2. On the page containing Details, history, connections, locate on the right side "Run only users" and click Edit
  3. At the top, select "SharePoint"
  4. Add the Site and List from which you try to execute the flow and it does not react
  5. Click Save at the bottom
  6. Go back to the list and it should work 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

I'm assuming you got the idea for this from SharePoint Siren - Manually Executing a Flow from SharePoint with Column Formatting? As far as I know, there haven't been any updates to this functionality that would make it stop working. @aprildunnam (also @aprildunnam on Twitter) wrote that article, so maybe she can provide some insight. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @scottgm,

I am tested on my side that executes the button in SharePoint I created before, it works well and not appear any issue.

What's the error report when you perform it?

Have you changed the Flow staus? Turn off or delete it?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

@v-litu-msft , Thanks for getting back to me. 

The button appears at as a Hyperlink in the SP column but does not take any action when clicking it. Before when it was clicked the pop-up window on the right hand side would appear to execute the flow that it was calling.

I will try re-creating the flow and update the ID to see if this helps.

Thanks.

Highlighted

@scottgm I've managed to fix the same exact issue:

1. Open your specific flow
  2. On the page containing Details, history, connections, locate on the right side "Run only users" and click Edit
  3. At the top, select "SharePoint"
  4. Add the Site and List from which you try to execute the flow and it does not react
  5. Click Save at the bottom
  6. Go back to the list and it should work 🙂

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,304)