cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidBrooks

Using flow to copy from one column to another in a Sharepoint site pages library

I want to show the Modified date on my intranet pages by adding a Page Properties web part that will pick up and display this date. However the Modified column is not eligible to display in the PP web part.

So to achieve this I need to:

(1) create a column - call it Column X - in my Site Pages library that will copy the date shown in the Modified column for each item, and then

(2) Edit the Page Properties web part to display the current value of Column X

QUESTION: How to set up a Flow that will allow the values in the Modified column to be automatically copied to Column X?

I'm not that familiar with Flow, so hope someone can talk me thru how to set this up.

4 REPLIES 4
krootz
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@DavidBrooks you dont need a flow for this. Just create a new calculated column in your sharepoint list and set the formula to [Modified]

mod column.png

DavidBrooks

Hi Krootz

That's what I thought but for some reason the Page Properties web part cannot display columns with a calculated value 😖

krootz
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@DavidBrooks oh I didn't know that lol. To use flow to update the same item when it's modified watch this first to avoid an infinite loop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKN4_5o2NUA

then on your update item action item in flow, just set the new column to modified date (screenshot shows issued_date being set to modified date). The ID is first action when it was triggered.

update.png

DavidBrooks

Thanks, I will try that

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,772)