cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayFlow

Using multiple triggers or triggers as intermediary steps

Hi all,

I'm new to Flow and I am trying out some integration with SharePoint.

The purpose of the flow is to seek approval for a newly created item on SharePoint. I wish to loop the approval process because in an event of an approval rejection, I would like the creator to modify the SharePoint item which would automatically continue with the loop until an approval is given.

I have created a simple flow that looks like this:

pic.png

I have tested the flow and noticed that it would be stuck at "When an item or a file is modified" despite changing some columns/fields of the SharePoint List item. Both SharePoint steps have the same site address and list name, and there were no errors raised by the flow checker.

This brings me to my question. Am I doing something wrong or is having multiple triggers or triggers as a step not allowed?

Are there any solutions/alternatives that I can implement?

Thanks and appreciate any input or help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ccc333ab
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Sorry, that doesn't read correctly. What I meant to say was you should add in a value into your SharePoint list from your original approval flow, indicating that item was rejected. Then your new flow can use that column to determine if it should process things or not if a row has changed. 

Not even sure if you'll need that type of logic but this is just an idea. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ccc333ab
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Unfortunately you cannot have multiple triggers in a single flow. You would need to create a different flow based on the When an Item or a File is modified.

Perhaps add in a value into your flow when rejected, so that your new flow based on modified knows which items have been rejected and only conduct the rest of the flow based on that field. 

ccc333ab
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Sorry, that doesn't read correctly. What I meant to say was you should add in a value into your SharePoint list from your original approval flow, indicating that item was rejected. Then your new flow can use that column to determine if it should process things or not if a row has changed. 

Not even sure if you'll need that type of logic but this is just an idea. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,812)