cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
finnecs
Frequent Visitor

Using "Flow management" connectors

Looking at the available connectors I think that "update a flow" could be perfect for what I'm trying to do. However, I'm not really sure how to start. Would someone be able to explain the fields to me and what is required in each? Much appreciated, thanks.

Capture.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Using "Flow management" connectors

Hi @finnecs ,

So as @Jcook mentioned you can reference the documentation provided for the Update Flow connector, in order to get a better understanding of the Fields that are available.

In short the fields that are required are:

• Environment - The environment where the Flow is located. Can be a GUID or selected from the DropDown list.
  • Flow - The Flow from the environment to act upon. Format can also be a GUID or selected from the Dropdown list.
  • Flow Display Name - The display name to give to the Flow.
  • Flow Definition - This will be the JSON definition of the Flow.
  • Flow State - The state of the flow, which can be either "Started" or "Stopped"

Depending on the type of action you are doing you can for example reference a different Flow using the Get Flow connetcor.

image.png

And then reference its properties as dynamics values:

image.png

This can be useful if you would like to copy a Flow definition into another one.

If you want to start from scratch you can always manually insert the JSON code and perform the changes you need directly.

Hope this helps you move forward. 🙂

Regards,

Ricardo

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Sure @finnecs 

• The first field is bout you enviroment so, in a tennat you can work with diferents enviroments. You can see what is your enviroment by clicking on the rigth top.emviro.PNG
  • Then Flow, list the flows in your enviroment.
  • Displayname is the name you your flow
  • Flow definitions is the Json of the flow, so is the core of the flow
  • And flow state can help you to stop or start the fow.

You can add some conection references to don't lose your conections like: when an email arrives.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Hello,

Here is the documentation for that action and shape.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-ca/connectors/flowmanagement/#update-flow

What exactly are you trying to accomplish, so I can further help?

Thanks
—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up ?

Proud to be a Flownaut!

finnecs
Frequent Visitor

I've set up an HTTP request flow that will create a Sharepoint subsite for a specific task. I would like some flows to action from this subsite, but would prefer that the flows don't have to be updated manually for each subsite when it is created. The task ID from a sharepoint list becomes the subsite url, so it should be possible to use this as dynamic content to update the flow to work on the subsite environment - I'm just unsure how the fields in this connector should be filled out.

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @finnecs ,

So as @Jcook mentioned you can reference the documentation provided for the Update Flow connector, in order to get a better understanding of the Fields that are available.

In short the fields that are required are:

• Environment - The environment where the Flow is located. Can be a GUID or selected from the DropDown list.
  • Flow - The Flow from the environment to act upon. Format can also be a GUID or selected from the Dropdown list.
  • Flow Display Name - The display name to give to the Flow.
  • Flow Definition - This will be the JSON definition of the Flow.
  • Flow State - The state of the flow, which can be either "Started" or "Stopped"

Depending on the type of action you are doing you can for example reference a different Flow using the Get Flow connetcor.

image.png

And then reference its properties as dynamics values:

image.png

This can be useful if you would like to copy a Flow definition into another one.

If you want to start from scratch you can always manually insert the JSON code and perform the changes you need directly.

Hope this helps you move forward. 🙂

Regards,

Ricardo

Super User
Super User

Sure @finnecs 

• The first field is bout you enviroment so, in a tennat you can work with diferents enviroments. You can see what is your enviroment by clicking on the rigth top.emviro.PNG
  • Then Flow, list the flows in your enviroment.
  • Displayname is the name you your flow
  • Flow definitions is the Json of the flow, so is the core of the flow
  • And flow state can help you to stop or start the fow.

You can add some conection references to don't lose your conections like: when an email arrives.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,043)