cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkLagan
Level: Powered On

Using "Start and wait for an approval" - Missing Start an approval action

• Hi Flow Team,

I tried using the new approval but it does NOT send an email notification to me with a Approve and Reject Button in my outlook but it appears in the flow portal under the approval section tab.

I am not receiving any EMAIL APPROVAL, an email with Approve or Reject but it appears in the FLOW portal under APPROVAL section TAB

currently using user with E1 License

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Using "Start and wait for an approval" - Missing Start an approval action

Hi @MarkLagan ,

I have some updates for you.

The approval emails are now working as before. You could give a response Approve/Reject though the email.

Please take a try with it.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @MarkLagan ,

Thanks for feedback.

Per my certain test, I found that the approval email will be sent to the email box first, then it will disappear from the email box.

It seems that if you don’t click the Approve/Reject button as soon as the approval email arrives, it will disappear and then you will have to submit the response at the Approval center.

Please submit a request at Flow Ideas Forum about this issue:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

By the way, I will help report this issue on my side as well.

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MarkLagan

Hi @v-yamao-msft ,

Actually I've been refreshing may inbox waiting for the approval notification to appear, but does not.

I believe before this is not happening.

Before:

Using "Start an approval" action and once triggered.

It will immediately send an approval notification to my email, as well as sending it to the FLOW PORTAL. 

BUT today upon using the "start an wait for approval" action it will NOT send in my INBOX (Approval email notification).

ONLY in the FLOW PORTAL

WHY do I need to to post this for FLOW IDEAS?

regards,

Mark

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @MarkLagan ,

I have some updates for you.

The approval emails are now working as before. You could give a response Approve/Reject though the email.

Please take a try with it.

Best regards,

Mabel

StevenZ

Hi @v-yamao-msft 

Is the problem happening again now? I'm having the same issue here -- the notification only appears in Flow Approvals portal and there is no email notification.

Thanks for your help.

Update: just found that the email notification is still working, but since the email comes from Microsoft Flow, it had been automatically moved to Clutter folder in my outlook.

kenemon
Level: Power Up

I am having the same challenge.  no problem sending notification to the Flow dashboard, but unable to send email notification for approval.  Please advise.  thanks

KMac1980

@v-yamao-msft  is there something that changed to make this start happening again? I have now gotten 2 instances today where the Flow will show in my approval hub, but not in my inbox. This has happened to a couple other users as well. However, sometimes other approvals are making it to my inbox. 

My theory was that because I created the item and I am one of the approvers, that it is not sending me the email because I am already aware that it needs approval technically. Could my theory be right? If so, is there a way to get around this? Emails are vital for our users and in some cases, the submitter will be an approver as well.

Highlighted
satya

Hi Team,

i have used Start and Wait for an Approval workflow, i was able to log the user respose with Outcome, responses. but from yesterday i am not able to see Outcome, respose etc....

KMac1980

@kenemon  We found out that approval emails were getting geo-blocked and had to whitelist these 207.46.50.192/26 IP ranges

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 53 members 4,625 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: