cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
mmmiller
Level: Powered On

Using the System Update Method in a Send an HTTP Request to SharePoint to update a taxonomy field

Hi, All.

 

I am following this blog by Mikel Svenson to update a managed metadata field using MS Flow and the SharePoint HTTP Request action without triggering an event:  https://www.techmikael.com/2019/04/disable-event-firing-when-flow-updates.html

 

The following is what I placed in the body. 

<Request xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/clientquery/2009" SchemaVersion="15.0.0.0" LibraryVersion="16.0.0.0" ApplicationName="Javascript Library">
    <Actions>
        <Method Name="SetFieldValue" Id="4" ObjectPathId="3">
            <Parameters>
                <Parameter Type="String">ContentStatus</Parameter>
                <Parameter Type="String">Pending|f267472a-1a88-4d35-b179-e54c7b040002</Parameter>
            </Parameters>
        </Method>
        <Method Name="SystemUpdate" Id="5" ObjectPathId="3" />
    </Actions>
    <ObjectPaths>
        <Property Id="1" ParentId="0" Name="Web" />
        <Method Id="2" ParentId="1" Name="GetList">
            <Parameters>
                <Parameter Type="String">/sites/xxx/SitePages</Parameter>
            </Parameters>
        </Method>
        <Method Id="3" ParentId="2" Name="GetItemById">
            <Parameters>
                <Parameter Type="Number">@{triggerBody()?['ID']}</Parameter>
            </Parameters>
        </Method>
        <StaticProperty Id="0" TypeId="{3747adcd-a3c3-41b9-bfab-4a64dd2f1e0a}" Name="Current" />
    </ObjectPaths>
</Request>

If I don't use single quotes around the taxonomy field choice Pending|xxxGUIDxxx then I get Error Info: null in the output with a status code of 200 but the field is not updated.  If If I place single quotes around the parameter (which I know is not correct), I get "The given guid does not exist in the term store":

"ErrorInfo": {
      "ErrorMessage": "The given guid does not exist in the term store",
      "ErrorValue": "23,ContentStatus",
      "TraceCorrelationId": "0990f19e-80a1-0000-41f2-e62db381e24a",
      "ErrorCode": -2130575155,
      "ErrorTypeName": "Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFieldValueException"

EDIT: This works for a text field but not managed metadata.  I need to be able to update the item's taxonomy field without creating an infinite loop for my client.

EDIT:  I have tried 'Term|xxxguidxxx;' and Term|xxxguidxxx; and just Term|xxxguidxxx (which I feel should be appropriate) The GUID is correct.  

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Using the System Update Method in a Send an HTTP Request to SharePoint to update a taxonomy field

Hi @mmmiller ,

 

Please find if the following blog could be helpful for your scenario:

https://joannecklein.com/2018/02/19/microsoft-flow-update-sharepoint-columns/

 

This blog could be a reference as well:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/managed-metadata-tago/

 

Best regards,

Mabel       

   

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,215)