cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RPNZ
Level: Powered On

Using the new "Upload Attachment" in Microsoft Forms

The ability to add an Attachment to a Microsoft Form has hit my tenant - really exciting. I want to be able to attach the uploaded file in an email flow or at least the URL to the target location.

I tested adding the uploaded file in a flow but rather than the attachment I get a file with the following data:

[{"name":"FILE_NAME","link":"https://MYDOMAIN/personal/myaccount/Documents/Apps/Microsoft%20Forms/FORM_NAME/Question/PICTURE_UPLOADED.jpg","id":"BLAHBLAHBLAH","type":null,"size":YADAYADA,"referenceId":"BLAHBLAHBLAH","driveId":"BLAHBLAHBLAH","status":1,"uploadSessionUrl":null}]

-How can I strip this file back to the URL alone or include the actual attachment?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
RPNZ

Re: Using the new "Upload Attachment" in Microsoft Forms

Hi Scott, photo of this part of flow attached

This flow is used to create a new computer user so has a couple of approval steps but ends with an email being created and sent to the helpdesk inbox for action. That step below:

flow_attachment.jpg

User Photo is the question in the Form used for uploading attachment.

Ideally I would like to have the uploaded attachment inserted as an attachment in the email sent to the helpdesk for processing.

View solution in original post

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @RPNZ 

If you are still hitting a dead end with this, I just published a blog that helps you understand how to access the uploaded files. You can follow it here: 

https://www.bythedevs.com/post/working-with-files-on-ms-forms-in-ms-power-automate

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

@RPNZ 

Please post a screen shot of your Flow - that will make it much easier to assist.

What do you want to do with the attachment?  Add it to a library? Add it as an attachment to a SharePoint list?  You need to save it somewhere.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
RPNZ

Hi Scott, photo of this part of flow attached

This flow is used to create a new computer user so has a couple of approval steps but ends with an email being created and sent to the helpdesk inbox for action. That step below:

flow_attachment.jpg

User Photo is the question in the Form used for uploading attachment.

Ideally I would like to have the uploaded attachment inserted as an attachment in the email sent to the helpdesk for processing.

Super User
Super User

@RPNZ 

Unfortunately I can't use this feature as yet so I can't provide screen shots.  However, I do see two potential issues with your Flow.

First, you need to include a file extension with the file name.  I suspect there is a Dynamic property that will give you file name with extension.  In addition, I suspect that you'll see a property that is something like "User Photo Content" - use that for the file content.

As I said, this is not available to me yet but try what I am suggesting.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
RPNZ

Thanks Scott, I checked again but the only option I have for Dynamic Content insertion is (in my case) the field User Photo

flow_attachment2.jpg

I did try filename.JPG initially but as mentioned, the file itself contains ONLY the data in my initial post, so no image or even just the direct URL itself. I also tried suffix of URL but still no go.

I realise this is early days for this functionality still so will check back from time to time.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @RPNZ 

If you are still hitting a dead end with this, I just published a blog that helps you understand how to access the uploaded files. You can follow it here: 

https://www.bythedevs.com/post/working-with-files-on-ms-forms-in-ms-power-automate

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

RPNZ

That's brilliant, worked for me (just note for anyone else, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY)

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,250)