Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
pandaviking
Level: Powered On

Using toLower expression on choice value. Convert to string

Hello!

I have a Onboarding Type that gives a user a Choice to choose from: "Full Time" and "Part Time". In process of creating a document I want to specify a hires hire status using the choice above. Expression I used:

toLower(triggerBody()?['EmployeeOnboardingType'])
How can I convert this value to a string?

The Error Message I received is: 

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Create_FTE-PTE_Document' inputs at line '1' and column '2136': 'The template language function 'toLower' expects its parameter to be a string. The provided value is of type 'Object'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions#toLower for usage details.'.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Using toLower expression on choice value. Convert to string

Hi @pandaviking,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow’s configuration?

Where do you store your document?

Further, is the EmployeeOnboardingType column a Choice type column on your side?

The error message told that the required parameter of toLower() function is string, but you provided a object.

I suppose that you customized the Choice type column in SharePoint, is it true? If the EmployeeOnboardingType column is a Choice type, I think there is something wrong with your formula. I have made a test on my side and the flow works well:2.JPG

Within Input field of “Compose” action, type the following formula:

toLower(triggerBody()?['EmployeeOnboardingType']?['Value'])

The flow works successfully as below:3.JPG

Bets regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @pandaviking,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow’s configuration?

Where do you store your document?

Further, is the EmployeeOnboardingType column a Choice type column on your side?

The error message told that the required parameter of toLower() function is string, but you provided a object.

I suppose that you customized the Choice type column in SharePoint, is it true? If the EmployeeOnboardingType column is a Choice type, I think there is something wrong with your formula. I have made a test on my side and the flow works well:2.JPG

Within Input field of “Compose” action, type the following formula:

toLower(triggerBody()?['EmployeeOnboardingType']?['Value'])

The flow works successfully as below:3.JPG

Bets regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
pandaviking
Level: Powered On

Thank you Kris!

It was my formula that was incorrect

>