Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Chriso2016
Level: Powered On

VSTS connection Create Work Item in Area

Hi,

I have recently set-up a work-flow to log support tickets automatically in VSTS. This works fine when routing a task to the root project however I choose to log the issue in an area I get the following message

Body

{ "$id": "1", "innerException": null, "message": "TF401347: Invalid tree name given for work item -1, field 'System.AreaPath'.", "typeName": "Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Server.WorkItemFieldInvalidTreeNameException, Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Server, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a", "typeKey": "WorkItemFieldInvalidTreeNameException", "errorCode": 600171, "eventId": 320

I'm not sure if I'm putting this information in the correct field. Within the Create new work item step I'm entering the name in the area field. 

Any help with this would be appreciated

thanks

Chris
3 REPLIES 3
Power Automate Staff tpalmer
Power Automate Staff

Re: VSTS connection Create Work Item in Area

Hi Chris - it looks like the area path you're providing is not matching an area path in your VSTS account. Would you be able to send me a quick direct message with more details of what you're entering in Flow and what you see as the area path in VSTS? Thanks!

moizajmal
Level: Power Up

Thanks for the update. I was facing this issue and after reading your answer I realised my AreaPath name was not present in my VSTS account. (Y)

Otometrics
Level: Powered On

Hello,

I too am facing an issue with the area path coming from VSO. I have created a flow for PBI created in one project (P1) of VSO should also be created parallelly in another project (P2). In the Trigger, I have set the area path that should come from the work item created in project p1 and in the Action I am using the Area Path from P1 to set the Area Path for new work item in P2 (I have already created matching area paths in both projects). But MSFlow instead of picking area path from p1 picks it from p2 and sets it incorrectly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Coming Soon: T-shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,553)