cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solarioc
Level: Powered On

Vacation Request not working

Hello I have the flow below that is functioning... almost perfectly. So it send the message to the manager, but then it automatically rejects it even when the manager says approve. I also want it to post to a sharepoint calendar.. but when I select create an event it only gives me the drop down..

Any assitance would be appreciated. 

Below is the flow. 

2018-04-13_10-22-08.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Vacation Request not working

If your condition, try changing the condition from Response =  "Approved" to "Approve" and see if that resolves your issue.

Also, try manually enetering the name of your SharePoint calendar (enter custom value) and you should be able to create an entry from your Flow. 

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Solarioc
Level: Powered On

So that worked, well part of it did. So i tried your suggestion abou the calendar and it errored out. Should I put the entire link of the calendar?

Thank You 

1 of 2.jpg2 of 2.jpg

Super User
Super User

I had success with the technique that I described. However, if you don't need repeating events on your calendar, consider creating a custom list with your date fields, etc. and creating a calendar view of the list in Sharepoint. Then you won't have any Flow issues.
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ Solarioc,

Do you have problem to create a sharepoint calendar event?

Please see you have choosed a "Create event" of "Office 365 Outlook" connector in your flow.

If you would like to create a sharepoint calendar event, you should create a sharepoint calendar firstly as screenshot below:

https://sharepoint.rackspace.com/sharepoint-2013-how-to-create-a-calendar-and-add-an-event

And then you could add a "Create item" action to create a sharepoint calendar event.

Capture.PNG

Choose the sharepoint site address in the "Site Address" field, and choose the "Enter custom value" with the sharepoint calendar name in the "List Name" filed.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (7,198)