cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Validation of Data on Forms from an Excel sheet

Hello everyone, 

I have a field in my Form (employee number) and the main data is allocated in an Excel sheet in Sharepoint. 

The form is used for both employees and non-employees for that the option of recognizing the user is not used. 

How can I use flow to validate the employee number with the employee name (two fields presented in the form for the users to input) 

If there is a way to create a flow for validation of form content? before or after submission?

for example: 

Validation of Data on Forms from an Excel sheet

Hello everyone, 

I have a field in my Form (employee number) and the main data is allocated in an Excel sheet in Sharepoint. 

The form is used for both employees and non-employees for that the option of recognizing the user is not used. 

How can I use flow to validate the employee number with the employee name (two fields presented in the form for the users to input) 

If there is a way to create a flow for validation of form content? before or after submission?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Validation of Data on Forms from an Excel sheet

Hi @Eiman-Al ,

Please explain more details about your requirement so we could better understand the issue and provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Re: Validation of Data on Forms from an Excel sheet

Dear @v-alzhan-msft 

I have a registration form, a field in the form is Employee ID and Employee name 

I need when the user fills in the form, the employee ID matches the Employee name saved in my Employee record. 

I do not want to use the option of recognizing the user because that will not have the same employee data (two different sources)

Is there a way to create a flow between an excel sheet or any other app that will allow me to validate the employee ID and employee name in the form and if the information input were not accurate, the form doesn't get submitted?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,677)