cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leanns
Level: Powered On

Variable in Parallel Branches

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is possible, if not I can work around it. But if it is, I would like some help. So I'm retrieving a "list" of names from a MS Form that the user fills out and from there I grab their emails from a Sharepoint List so that it's now an array of emails. I have this.  This is a portion of the flow, its a part of a much larger flow. This next part is where it becomes tricky. Once i have this array of emails, I want to send an approval to each of them with a email reminder when they don't do it within a certain time frame. I have this all set up in an Apply to each set to parallelism =5 (max of 5 emails). What I'm struggling with is how to get the variable that I have controlling the email reminder to loop if one person responds to the approval but someone else doesn't. At the moment, what happens is that once someone approves/rejects their approval but the other doesn't, the email reminders stop because the variable changes for all "branches". It runs and it technically doesn't fail but it doesn't do what I wanted. Any thoughts?

Here's the portion of the flow I need help with.

plant_manager_parallelism.PNG

Thanks,

leanns

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Variable in Parallel Branches

Hi @leanns,

Please take a try to add a "Set variable" action under the "Do until" to set the variable value to false.

Capture.PNG

Please let me know if your problem could be solved.

Best regards,

Alice

leanns
Level: Powered On

Re: Variable in Parallel Branches

Hello @v-yuazh-msft,

Thank you for the solution. So I believe it worked, but I'm not sure since now my Apply to Each won't run in parallel even though I have it set to run in parallel anymore. Since it's not doing what I'd like, I'm not sure if it worked or not. Do you have an idea as to why the Apply to Each stopped running in parallel even though it's set to? I tried turning it off and back on and it still didn't work.

Thanks,

leanns

EDIT: This solution doesn't work. It still won't send the email once the first approval is accepted/rejected. It sends the reminder email once for both approvals. I need it to send for each approval not one for all.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,880)