Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
WDRC
Level 8

Variables, Expressions and Dates

All,

Oay so I have the flow below:PL.png

The flows outline is generally there but I have an issue that I need some help with.  The SP list that it works on has an expiry date for some insurance certificates.  So say two weeks before the certifcate expires, it needs send an email to the supplier asking them for an updated version, once they reply with the new one attached it should then save the new file into the SP list and then update the expiry date to be one calander year from the previous date.  The flow should then be complete.  

I know I need to put in some user checking of the certifcates (visual) prior to sending email to the supplier to say thanks for providing but I need to get the above sorted before I move on with the latter.  Ideally I want to do all of this in one flow, which I think should be possible.

Any help with the Variables, Expressions and Dates issue would be great.

Regards,

Andrew

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Variables, Expressions and Dates

HI @WDRC/Andrew,

First of all you cannot have two triggers in a flow. Therefore the When a new email arrives will not work. You will have to use a recurrence flow that checks for the dates 2 weeks in advance. 

Or alternatively you could of course create another flow with your second trigger as the starting point.

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @WDRC,

As @Pieter_Veenstra said, you couldn't add two trigger in one single flow, and a flow trigger could only in the first of the flow, it trigger couldn't be in the middle of the flow.

Please take a try to create two flows to achieve your needs.

Best regards,

Alice

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

HI @WDRC/Andrew,

First of all you cannot have two triggers in a flow. Therefore the When a new email arrives will not work. You will have to use a recurrence flow that checks for the dates 2 weeks in advance. 

Or alternatively you could of course create another flow with your second trigger as the starting point.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @WDRC,

As @Pieter_Veenstra said, you couldn't add two trigger in one single flow, and a flow trigger could only in the first of the flow, it trigger couldn't be in the middle of the flow.

Please take a try to create two flows to achieve your needs.

Best regards,

Alice

WDRC
Level 8

Alice / Peter.

I have decided to to calcuate the send email date in the SP list as another field called "correspondance" hopefully that will reduce the complication of flow but I may come back with another question on this in future.

WDRC
Level 8

@v-yuazh-msft

I hope cross posting is alowed but apoligies if it not but please see below that is also part of this thread.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Compare-date-Today-and-value/m-p/188178#M19443

Regards,

Andrew

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,462)