cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexander042

Variables

Is it possible to build a flow where power automate desktop automatically creates new output variables which can then be used in a cloud flow? @WarrenBelz @TheRobRush @iAm_ManCat @timl @Drrickryp 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

If you call a Power Automate Desktop flow from a cloud flow then any Output variables you create are returned back to the cloud flow and are available in the cloud flow.  What specifically are you trying to accomplish?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365EduCon in Chicago on Sept. 26-30 where I'll be presenting on the Power Platform!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

I mean sure powerautomate is capable of generating it's own numbers, you just have to come up with your formula for what those numbers will be. Probably more help to explain your specific use case though

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

If you call a Power Automate Desktop flow from a cloud flow then any Output variables you create are returned back to the cloud flow and are available in the cloud flow.  What specifically are you trying to accomplish?

Join me at 365EduCon in Chicago on Sept. 26-30 where I'll be presenting on the Power Platform!

Okay. I generated a list from a website using power automate desktop and exported it as an excel file. Now, I want to cycle through the values in the cells, output the values in different output variables, and then use the output variables to run a particular section of my flow multiple times in the cloud flow. The problem is that I can't be creating output variables myself, and cloud automate cannot use an output variable unless the desktop flow is completed. How do I go about this? Thanks.

If I understand what you are trying to do, you'll need to split this up into two PAD flows.  One to generate the list and store it in Excel and another to be the section invoked by the cloud flow multiple times.  Then I would suggest a single output variable to pass the location of the Excel file back to the cloud flow.  It can then read the Excel file and use the values to call the second PAD multiple times.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (3,524)