cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nelsonb5

Wait for all responses Approval, need notification when each response is received

I have an Instant Approval Workflow that waits for about seven people to respond and I need to know when each person responds. The challenge is that I kick off the workflow and I do not know who has responded so I cannot follow-up with those who have not responded. I have the flow setup to log each of the responses once an "Outcome" is received, but this does not happen until all responses have been received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@nelsonb5 

If you want to know who has taken action, you'll need to have separate approval actions for each approver.  You can do this in a loop and set the concurrency control to On so that all the approval actions are running concurrently.  Inside the loop, update the SharePoint item with the approver who took action.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@nelsonb5 

If you want to know who has taken action, you'll need to have separate approval actions for each approver.  You can do this in a loop and set the concurrency control to On so that all the approval actions are running concurrently.  Inside the loop, update the SharePoint item with the approver who took action.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nelsonb5 ,

I have a workaround to send a reminder email to those who haven't respond the Approval request within 24 hours:

vbofengmsft_0-1657178467957.png

Details:

vbofengmsft_1-1657178510314.png

vbofengmsft_2-1657178534684.png

vbofengmsft_3-1657178543866.png

Filter rows: msdyn_flow_approvalrequestidx_approvalid eq @{outputs('Create_an_approval')?['body/name']}

vbofengmsft_4-1657178564470.png

Filter rows: msdyn_flow_approvalresponseidx_approvalid eq @{outputs('Create_an_approval')?['body/name']}

Value: join(body('Select_2'),';')

vbofengmsft_5-1657178580335.png

vbofengmsft_6-1657178589880.png

1:

vbofengmsft_7-1657178604112.png

2:

vbofengmsft_8-1657178604113.png

3:

vbofengmsft_9-1657178604116.png

4: systemuserid eq @{items('Apply_to_each')['Test1']}

vbofengmsft_10-1657178630490.png

Best Regards,

Bof

@ScottShearer this is good to know. I was able to re-configure my workflow accordingly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,563)