cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grant_Jenkins
Helper I
Helper I

Wait for an approval action set to timeout - but actual approvals still stay active

We have some approvals that we want to timeout after a certain number of days. However this only times out the Wait for an approval action and does nothing to the actual approvals - they stay as active for users. When users click on any of the options (Approve, Reject, etc.) in the approval they just do nothing since the action is already timed out. Surely if your Wait for an approval action times out it should also set the actual approvals to timed out, cancelled, or something similar.

From what I've seen the only way to achieve this is to use a Dataverse action to update the Approvals table in Dataverse using the Approval IDs, but we don't want people creating flows that talk directly to Dataverse tables, and the accounts that the flows run under don't have the proper permissions to Dataverse anyway.

Does anyone know how to timeout the actual approvals without going directly to Dataverse? Or anything in the roadmap to fix this issue (design flaw)?

1 REPLY 1
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Grant_Jenkins , 

I'm afraid there is not available. There is no such an OOB function to modify an approval manually and Since the approval function is based on Dataverse, I think the only way to do this is to modify the approval table in Dataverse directly.

But you can create a new idea through the below URL, then ask  your colleagues to raise up the votes.  

Power Automate · Community 

The  product team has direct visibility of these ideas and they will implement it on the basis of the highest number of votes received. 

Best Regards, 

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,454)