Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jjohnson
Level: Powered On

Wait for field change in Lists

Greetings,

I have a list which when submitted kicks off a multi level approval workflow. This works great.

I was notified that we now would like to be able to only partially complete the list form and sumbit later. This presents a problem because the form is already submitted and the approval flow is already kicked off.

After researching, i found that I could add a "Do Until". I searched all over the web for a response on how to do this but I wasn't able to find my solution.

I added a choice field in the list called "Doc Status" and added "Draft" and "Ready for Approval" as the choices. Then I added the "Do Until" where "Doc Status equals Ready for Approval". Seems easy enough. I don't understand the limits. I have been to the ISO page and just don't get it.

What I want is to have it check every 15 minutes for 15 days. Can someone tell me how to accomplish this. I assume after 15 days, the flow just terminates?

Jamie

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Wait for field change in Lists

@jjohnson - I would like to suggest an alternative approach.  I would consider creating a Flow that runs when an item has changed.  The Flow should check the value of your Doc Status column.  If it is equal to "Ready for approval", start your approval process.  Also, you might want to add a hidden boolean column that tracks whether or not the approval process has started.  When the approval process starts, set the value to True.  Check this value as this column as well before start the approval process.

Your Flow might look something like this:

WaitForApproval1.jpg

In practice, I would have combined the two conditions into one - I have them separate to make my point easier to illustrate.  The second condition prevents the approval process from starting again when an item has been edited after the approval process starts.

If this meets your requirements, please mark you post as Solved.

If not, please provide details and I will revise my solution.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Wait for field change in Lists

Hi @jjohnson

Please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Please make sure the "Doc Status Value" dynamic content is choose from the "Get item" action.

Best regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 194 members 5,615 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: