cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ruenells
Level: Powered On

Wait for field change in list

I swear I asked this question already and if I did I do apologize in advance.

I have an InfoPath form that is saved to a forms library and I have a flow that process through the steps.  My issue is that it is processing through ALL of the steps and not waiting for the status field to change based on a booleen approval field.

Additionally, when i click the field to say it is approved it triggers it as denied that wierd in itself.  What I am looking for is a way for the workflow to wait until the Approved/Denied field is checked before moving on.  I have looked through the forum and cannot find a solution that looks like it would work2019-06-04_8-42-10.png2019-06-04_8-42-35.png2019-06-04_8-42-55.png2019-06-04_8-43-14.png2019-06-04_8-43-31.png

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Re: Wait for field change in list

@Ruenells "My issue is that it is processing through ALL of the steps and not waiting for the status field to change based on a booleen approval field." From what I can see you've got nothing in your flow to tell it to wait for the status field to change on approval. I suggest that you use a Start and Wait for Approval (V2) action and follow that with a condition that if the Outcome is Approve then do the rest of the flow.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Ruenells

@RobElliott  do I need to change my form and responses to match what is showing in the condition you suggested?

Ruenells

@RobElliott I realized after I tried your solution that it wont work because I need to register the approval/denied within the Infopath form.  So now i am back at trying to figure out how to get the "wait until this field changes" back in the flow.

Any suggestions?

Dorinda

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

HI @Ruenells 

Were you able to resolve this? Can you share the current flow configuration? 

Ruenells

No I am still having issues.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Ruenells 

Can you share information on that? A screenshot of the issue so that we can better assist you?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,633)