cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Want flow to trigger when one column is modified in the document library

Hi Everyone,

As the title suggests, I would like to figure out how to trigger this flow every time a column in the document library is edited. I ONLY want the flow to trigger when the column is modified. The plan is to create an approval flow where an email will be sent to a manager every time someone inputs a date in the "Transaction" column. Below is an example of what I have been working with, I made the condition "Legal date" is not equal to "LD1" (which is a seperate but identical column that I hide). This method works, but I would really like to have this flow trigger only when the one column is modified.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks! 

Flow-question.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Hi
As far as I know, this is not an "out of the box" Flow feature.

But, we are very lucky to have community members like @ScottShearer THis post from him is an excellent workaround.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Community-Blog/Check-for-a-Change-in-a-SharePoint...

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Wanthouser1,

Has your problem been solved?
If your problem has been solved, You could go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (81,862)