cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hockeymom
Level: Powered On

Want to use Flow to copy data from one list column to another SharePoint List

Hi 

I have to Sharepoint calendar list and wish to copy date from the first list to the 2nd one based on a yes or no value in a column on the 1st list. I need the Flow to either :

1. create the item in the 2nd list if it does not exist
  2. and to update the item in the 2nd list if it exists

I have tried to create the flow but I am getting a BadRequest error. Can you please help me to figure this out? I am probably missing something in the conditions but I cannot seem to figure it out

Here is the flowList to list FLow1_LI.jpgList to list FLow2.PNGList to list FLow3.PNG :

And here are the errors :

List to list Bad request.PNGList to list Bad Action condition failed.PNG

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Want to use Flow to copy data from one list column to another SharePoint List

Hi @Hockeymom,

In the Get items action, it seems that you are using Filter Query, what do you want to get by using it?

I am afraid that there is something wrong with the function you are using.

Please check the doc on Odata filter query for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/dynamicsnav-2016/hh169248(v=nav.90)

About your scenario, do you have a custom Yes/No column in the Calendar list? Do you want to move on to the next action if the selection is Yes?

Do you want to create a new item in second list if the item doesn’t exist, otherwise update the existing item?

If yes, please check the following screenshot for a reference. The flow works as respected.

Trigger: when an item is created

Then use a Condition to check the selection is Yes or No. If yes, Get items from second list, then use a Condition to check if the new item exists in the second list.

If yes, update item, if no, create a new one.

1.PNG

Hope it could be a reference for you.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Hockeymom
Level: Powered On

Re: Want to use Flow to copy data from one list column to another SharePoint List

Thanks for the reply

I was using the filter because I was trying to replicate something I saw posted but I probably misunderstood it and did not need it.

About your scenario, do you have a custom Yes/No column in the Calendar list? Do you want to move on to the next action if the selection is Yes? Yes

Do you want to create a new item in second list if the item doesn’t exist, otherwise update the existing item? Yes

I have redone the flow as you suggested but while it says it ran successfully, something is not right.

List to list Flow True.PNGList to list Flow True1.PNG

The condition shows as true in the action Output but in the Condition Input it shows as False. See below :

List a list True.PNGList a list True1.PNG

Also should I change the trigger action to created or modified?

Thanks in advance

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,212)