cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Wanting to set up a daily flow with Power Automate (Email with Form, Form to update SharePoint list item)

I am trying to use Power Automate to set up what I think is an easy task. 

1) At a designated time, send an email to our internal group (via an Outlook Distro List)

2) Embed a simple 1 question choice selection MS Form

3) Take each individuals response and update an existing list item for that individual with their response

Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MattViel ,

For the first question, you could use the Recurrence as the trigger to create the flow.

For the second question, you could try to submit your question in the MS Forms forum to see the feasibility of this requirement.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-forms/ct-p/MicrosoftForms

My suggestion here is to add a link to the form directly in the email body. Or you can send a survey through Send a survey action.

For the third question, you need to create a new Flow, use When a new response is submitted as the trigger, and use the Get response details action to get the response.

You need to add a column to the list to record the response ’s email so that you can find the specified item to update.

Take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@MattViel  excellent mmm for the second step my friend sorry but there are no way to embeb a form into an email but you can use send email with options insted if is just one question see

options.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MattViel ,

For the first question, you could use the Recurrence as the trigger to create the flow.

For the second question, you could try to submit your question in the MS Forms forum to see the feasibility of this requirement.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-forms/ct-p/MicrosoftForms

My suggestion here is to add a link to the form directly in the email body. Or you can send a survey through Send a survey action.

For the third question, you need to create a new Flow, use When a new response is submitted as the trigger, and use the Get response details action to get the response.

You need to add a column to the list to record the response ’s email so that you can find the specified item to update.

Take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,761)