cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skylitedave
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

We are unable to find the site address. Please try selecting a site address from the dropdown.

Get Items for SharePoint Action in Flow can't find any sites when I type in the Custom option.  Only works with existing sites it already "knows".  I can type in the exact url of a site it knows in the custom option and I get the error "We are unable to find the site address. Please try selecting a site address from the dropdown."

I have tried using different connections and creating new connections and get same error message with all connections and any url I type in the custom url option

Am typing literal URL like this https://SharePoint/Site

This used to work but has stopped in the recent weeks

Any help greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I figured it out (after sleeping on it) - will share how I solved it

The site I am trying to access is a subsite of a working known site that Flow already knows about and that parent appears in the list of dropdowns when you add a sharepoint  action in flow

I created an action and used one of the known links that works when you pick a site in sharepoint (the parent site)

I then used the Peek Code in the 3 dots associated with that action to see the url

I copied that url to my notepad

I then paste that url from peek code into a Custom option for the site address in a new action and it worked

Then I went to my site and copied the url I am trying  to access (the subsite) with the flow and compared it to the working url I got from the Peek Code

I noticed the URL from the browser of the subsite had extra characters in it that were not in the known parent site that I had retrieved in the peek code

I modified the subsite url so it looked exactly like the parent site then added the "/" and subsite name

Then the custom option worked and I could see all the lists in that subsite 

So my advice if you hit this issue  is put in a working known site address into the site address in a SharePoint action and use Peek Code to see how the URL is formatted and make sure the subsite uses the same url pattern regardless of what you see in the browser

Hope this helps someone else - I was pulling my hair out!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

I just tried it and its working for me.  A couple obvious things to check

1) Are you using Enter Custom value from the dropdown to enter the URL.  You can't just type it in

2) Try navigating to the site and cutting and pasting the URL into the space.  The pattern you suggested is incomplete unless its the root site.  If its SharePoint online then it should be https://<<tenantName>>.SharePoint.com/sites/<<siteName>>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

THx

1 - Yes - am using Custom Value then I type it in

2 - Am cutting and pasting from URL as you suggested 

Always get same error with any site

It WILL connect from the choices that are preceded with a friendly name

Put in EXACT SAME url using custom option and will not connect

I would open a support ticket on that.  I've tested the same thing in my environments and it still works as expected when entering the URL manually.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

I figured it out (after sleeping on it) - will share how I solved it

The site I am trying to access is a subsite of a working known site that Flow already knows about and that parent appears in the list of dropdowns when you add a sharepoint  action in flow

I created an action and used one of the known links that works when you pick a site in sharepoint (the parent site)

I then used the Peek Code in the 3 dots associated with that action to see the url

I copied that url to my notepad

I then paste that url from peek code into a Custom option for the site address in a new action and it worked

Then I went to my site and copied the url I am trying  to access (the subsite) with the flow and compared it to the working url I got from the Peek Code

I noticed the URL from the browser of the subsite had extra characters in it that were not in the known parent site that I had retrieved in the peek code

I modified the subsite url so it looked exactly like the parent site then added the "/" and subsite name

Then the custom option worked and I could see all the lists in that subsite 

So my advice if you hit this issue  is put in a working known site address into the site address in a SharePoint action and use Peek Code to see how the URL is formatted and make sure the subsite uses the same url pattern regardless of what you see in the browser

Hope this helps someone else - I was pulling my hair out!

Thx for response - I figured it out - very weird - see post below

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @skylitedave ,

Nice troubleshooting.

You could mark your own reply as a solution.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,955)