cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Web UI flows - Uploading a file in a different system from SharePoint

I would like to have an input to my flow that consists of a file path (really a SharePoint document location), and input this file path into the file chooser of a different system.  After hitting "Upload file" on the different system on the web site targeted by the Web UI flow, I want to input the file path from SharePoint but I don't know what the "target" for the TYPE action is.  Is this supported?

• So from SharePoint, I would select the instant flow called "Send to System X"
  • The regular Flow would get the input of the file properties, its location and metadata
  • The Flow would call the Web UI flow, opening up the web interface for "System X"
  • "System X" opens the File Chooser where a human user would select the file they want to upload there.
    • This is where the input of the SharePoint file location would come in, via a TYPE command, but it needs the target.

^^Here is where we break down, I presume because this is actually using Windows Explorer functionality? 

Or is there a workaround?.....Optimism!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Good news, I was able to resolve be searching more for Selenium IDE guidance rather than Power Automate / Web UI Flows, and found this:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50335595/selenium-ide-upload-file-into-field

So I really just needed to change the CLICK on the "Upload File" to a TYPE, and include the file path as the value and eventually the input variable.  Still debugging but at least past that part!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Good news, I was able to resolve be searching more for Selenium IDE guidance rather than Power Automate / Web UI Flows, and found this:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50335595/selenium-ide-upload-file-into-field

So I really just needed to change the CLICK on the "Upload File" to a TYPE, and include the file path as the value and eventually the input variable.  Still debugging but at least past that part!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @DerekShalShan ,

did your method work. I tried but I keep getting error message, below

error.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,555)