cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meg2
Frequent Visitor

Weekly email for certain list view

I have a master sharepoint list my team uses to track and assign tickets that we receive from the sales team.  I currently have a view for each sales VP (3 views total). 

I want to create a flow that will send from this particular view and in an attached spreadsheet provide the information from the view as long as the status is anything other than "completed".  I only want to show lines that have "completed" if it was completed in the past 7 days. 

I also want the system to update the report only (not sharepoint) for any status that says "completed" to "decision made".

I want the report to go out weekly on Fridays at 5am.

I would also like to include a line in the email that says something like "Please note there are ___ items in the queue".  The blank should pull in the count of all lines in the master list (not just for that sales VP team) and all statuses that are not complete. 

Any ideas on how to do this?  I honestly don't even know where to start other than with "scheduler".   I also would like the report to send using email notification (V3), so it comes from the system instead of from my name.

1 REPLY 1
Jronash
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Start by looking at the SharePoint 'Get Items' action.  You can use this to get your list of items.  I believe you can specify views here if you want, or you could just use it to get all of the items and filter them later in your flow.

'Filter Array' is very helpful for filtering a list down to specific items.  Play around with that to see if you can use it to filter just the list items with the status of "completed".

Flow has an length() expression that you can use to count the number of items in a collection.  If you use Filter array to get just the items you want, you can use the expression length(outputs('Filter_array')) to get your count.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (45,184)