cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joef
Level: Powered On

What happened to the conditions in FLOW?

HI All,

What happened to the complex conditions in FLOW?   

All I have now is the basic with an add button to add more basic conditions!

I create flows for when items are created or modified. 

I use a condition where modified = created for new items.  (And of course I have to convert to my timezone)

then I use complex conditions where I test for empty columns to send send out update alerts.

I can have 5 or more alerts sent in one FLOW. 

--New items go to a group

--updated items go to another group when some column is updated

--updated items go to other groups based on other updated columns. ... 

I tried to use the new basic "where sent to is not equal to" and I left the criteria blank, but that didnt work.  it sent even when the column was blank.

then I tried where not equal to '' also failed like leaving empty!

Can someone please tell me how to do the below in the new basic condition?

@and(not(empty(triggerBody()?['DateSent'])),not(empty(triggerBody()?['DateSentToTax'])),empty(triggerBody()?['DateSentTo']),empty(triggerBody()?['DateReviewedByTaxDept']))

Thanks,

Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: What happened to the conditions in FLOW?

Hi @joef

I went over the announcement made by the Flow team yesterday about the new Condition builder, and in it, they explain how to build a complex condition to check if values are empty, etc. Here's how I tested the new approach on my end:

1. When you start a Condition, you only have one row, so to add more, click on Add > Add row. Since your condition contains an AND, this will be the default option above the condition rows.
  2. Now, by looking at the expression in your post, it's checking if the first 2 fields are not empty AND if the last 2 fields are empty.
  3. To achieve that, you first build the expression in the Expressions tab for the value to check as follows:
    empty(triggerBody()?['DateSent'])
    For the logical operator, select is not equal to, and the value on the right, go to the Expressions tab again and type true. You can continue the same approach for the remaining fields the condition needs to check. Here's a screenshot of my final condition with the same fields used in your expression:
    Condition-1.jpg
  4. Here's the link to the announcement: https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/build-more-powerful-conditions-in-flows-and-more/

I hope these instructions point you in the right direction. Please, do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

Regards,

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @joef

I went over the announcement made by the Flow team yesterday about the new Condition builder, and in it, they explain how to build a complex condition to check if values are empty, etc. Here's how I tested the new approach on my end:

1. When you start a Condition, you only have one row, so to add more, click on Add > Add row. Since your condition contains an AND, this will be the default option above the condition rows.
  2. Now, by looking at the expression in your post, it's checking if the first 2 fields are not empty AND if the last 2 fields are empty.
  3. To achieve that, you first build the expression in the Expressions tab for the value to check as follows:
    empty(triggerBody()?['DateSent'])
    For the logical operator, select is not equal to, and the value on the right, go to the Expressions tab again and type true. You can continue the same approach for the remaining fields the condition needs to check. Here's a screenshot of my final condition with the same fields used in your expression:
    Condition-1.jpg
  4. Here's the link to the announcement: https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/build-more-powerful-conditions-in-flows-and-more/

I hope these instructions point you in the right direction. Please, do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

Regards,

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Super User
Super User

Please check here or here for a solution.

"Enter your expression on the left side of the row. Then, select Equals to and enter true."

So what used to be:

Has now become:

If helpful, please mark with thumbs up.

Thanks, Alan

Proud to be a Flownaut!

joef
Level: Powered On

Hi @faustocapellanj,

Thank you!!  I didn't see the announcement about the change. 

Super User
Super User

You're welcome!!!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fourthImage

Australia Summit

Travel to Melbourne and network with thousands of peers!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 203 members 3,871 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: