cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pkm

What is the background trigger specifics behind "When a file is created or modified in a folder"

Hi

I am using the Sharepoint trigger "When a file is created or modified in a folder".

Sometimes when I upload/create a file, the flow is not triggered.

🙂When I upload a file to the folder with upload button in Sharepoint, the flow is triggered. (most likely because the file uploaded has new created/modified timestamp.

😞If I upload the same file through local file explorer on computer, through automatic sync via onedrive engine, the flow is not triggered. (Because the modified time stamp is not new?)

😞If I use "move to" or "copy to" in Sharepoint with an older file, there is no trigger.

🙂If I use "move to" or "copy to" in Sharepoint with a file that is 1 minute old, the trigger works.

So does anyone know if there is a timelimit for how new a file must be for this to trigger, and how long it is?

My aim is to have this flow trigger now matter how you insert the file into the folder. 

As long as there is a new item in this folder, no matter how old, I want it to trigger.

Is there a better trigger/way to achieve this?

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,761)