cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ishraqiyun77
Helper IV
Helper IV

What is the point of having a "Label" Dynamic Content option when it doesn't actually work?

For example, my Trigger uses the Dynamics 365 on Record Create/Update.

I have a field that we'll just call "Test Field" that is multi-select.

The labels for this field are:

"Apples"

"Oranges"

"Bananas"

"Peaches"

But the actual values stored in the Entity are:

Those stored values mean absolutely nothing to me without the labels.

I go to add a Compose Action and type in "Test Field" for the Dynamic Content. This brings up two options:

"Test Field"

"Test Field Label"

The second one should return the labels "Apples", "Oranges" instead of the stored values 799800000, 799800001, etc. Again, totally meaningless to me and very inefficient to get the actual Labels.

So I pick "Test Field Label" for the Compose Action, trigger the Flow, and it returns null despite the "Test Field" being populated. Using "Test Field" by itself, returns the array of values, so one would think "Test Field Label" would not return null.

So what is the point of having this as a Dynamic Content option when it doesn't actually work? Will Microsoft actually get it working at some point in time? I've been waiting for almost two years. Would be a huge time saver.

2 REPLIES 2
Jcook
Super User
Super User

Hello @ishraqiyun77 

Could you try and use the CDS/data flex connector.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

@ishraqiyun77 - I would suggest you move to the "Common Data Service (current environment)" connector. The "Dynamics 365" connector is deprecated. Also, the "CDS (ce)" connector can only be used when the flow is created from a solution.

When using the "CDS (ce)" connector, you can get the value of the Label for the option set. Reference my reply on this post: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/CDS-Formatted-OptionSets/m-p/674120#M90795

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,000)