cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CameronWilliams
Advocate I
Advocate I

When Email Arrives Flow Issue with Distribution List

I'm working on a simple automatic reply flow which, when an email arrives to a helpdesk distribution list (we'll call it helpdesk@blah.com), a service account (hdesk@blah.com) which is a member in that distribution list will reply with different emails depending on the person who has emailed (external, internal, job title, etc) and the time of day that the email was received (on-hours and off-hours). The problem is, the "When Email Arrives" trigger doesn't seem to be firing when someone emails "helpdesk@blah.com", even though an email is arriving in hdesk@blah.com's inbox. Is there anything that can be done? Or am I missing something huge? I tried putting the helpdesk@blah.com in the To or CC field of the trigger, but that didn't work either.

(Clarification edit: I am setting these flows up on the hdesk@blah.com account. The flow works on emails sent directly to hdesk@blah.com, but not when emails are sent to helpdesk@blah.com)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CameronWilliams ,

I have made a test on my side and the issue is confirmed on my side.

The trigger "When a new email arrives" on a user account wouldn't trigger when a new email arrives on the distribution email address when the user is a member in the distribution email address.

The function to trigger the flow for a new email arrives in the distribution email address of a user is not supported in Microsoft flow currently, if you want the function to be supported in Microsoft flow,please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @CameronWilliams  please try to see if you are receiving emails with no attach.

no.PNG

if is ok, this kind of errors are normally solved quickly, if not please consider to open a support MS case

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

It is set to "No" in my Flow by default. However, as I stated in my original post, it is still picking up emails sent directly to hdesk@blah.com, but not to helpdesk@blah.com, the distribution list that hdesk@blah.com is part of. The flow should still trigger when the email arrives in hdesk@blah.com's inbox, regardless of whether it is sent to helpdesk@blah.com or hdesk@blah.com.

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CameronWilliams ,

I have made a test on my side and the issue is confirmed on my side.

The trigger "When a new email arrives" on a user account wouldn't trigger when a new email arrives on the distribution email address when the user is a member in the distribution email address.

The function to trigger the flow for a new email arrives in the distribution email address of a user is not supported in Microsoft flow currently, if you want the function to be supported in Microsoft flow,please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice       

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

I clicked the link you provided me and it says I don't have permission to post there. @v-alzhan-msft 

Hi @CameronWilliams ,

Would you please share a screenshot of it?

Best regards,

Alice       

Hi @CameronWilliams ,

Please take a try with this one again:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/MPAIdeas

Best regards,

Alice       

Thank you, I've posted about this here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Trigger-When-a-New-Email-is-arrives-to-a-Di...

I will mark your answer as the solution, but I genuinely hope this idea is considered given the number of use cases it can employ. @v-alzhan-msft 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,121)