Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

When File is added to folder, Update Colomn from another list

Hello,

I need some help with the final step in my project approval workflow

I have a list for a project submission where a user adds a few details and an excel file that is then routed for approval. Once fully approved by all parties, the attachement that was included gets uploaded to a secondary folder for the project team to review. In that folder is a colomn for department that i want to pull from the list that the user inputed and I it to copy it next to the file that is uploaded to allow the team to sort by department. 

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img922/8371/DsDrdK.jpg

Thanks for you help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: When File is added to folder, Update Colomn from another list

Hi @Anonymous,

I have mentioned that you should add the "Update file properties" action inside your ""Apply to each 7" ,

Please modify your flow P1 to delete the trigger "When a file is created in a folder",and add the "Update file properties" action inside your ""Apply to each 7" ,as screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

I have nodiced that you have created in the department field with a choice type in the list, so you should choose the "department Value" dynamic content in the department field "Update file properties" action.

I have made a test and the flow that I provided in works.Please refer to my screenshot to create the flow and your approval process.

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a full screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please share more details about the final step and where you need help?

Do you have problem update the file properties with the department?

I have analysis your flow and made a test on my side, you shouldn't add the trigger "When a file is created(properties only)" on your flow.

I have made a test on my side to create a single line of text column "department" in the sharepoint list as well as the sharepoint library, you could add the "Update file properties" action inside your ""Apply to each 7" ,please refer to my screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

When a new item is created as below:

Capture.PNG

The flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

The file would be created in the library, and the department properties would be modified as below:

Capture.PNG

Please let me know if your problem could be solved.

Best regards,

Alice

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

List: https://imageshack.com/a/img924/3182/gFPKCC.jpg

Flow: P1 & P2

Hello,

Thanks for you reply.

1st step in this process is when a requester wants to create a project they would fill in a List form with the required details.

2nd: they flow choose their flow to kick off the approval process:

3rd: once approved, the file will be created in another folder in my SP site.

I am able to get all this done, however I'm still having probelms updating the department feild in the library/folder from the input that was submitted on the list form.

Folder

Regards,

Ali

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I have mentioned that you should add the "Update file properties" action inside your ""Apply to each 7" ,

Please modify your flow P1 to delete the trigger "When a file is created in a folder",and add the "Update file properties" action inside your ""Apply to each 7" ,as screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

I have nodiced that you have created in the department field with a choice type in the list, so you should choose the "department Value" dynamic content in the department field "Update file properties" action.

I have made a test and the flow that I provided in works.Please refer to my screenshot to create the flow and your approval process.

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome thank you, that worked perfectly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,576)