cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dprjustin
Level: Powered On

When HTTP Request is Received - Detect User Who Clicks on Link

I'm sending out some weekly digest emails via flow that pull from our Project Online environment. These emails contain a high level summary of each project, but I have included a link (from a 'When HTTP Request is Received' action) that allows a user to request a more detailed report to get emailed to them (when the user clicks the link in the digest email, it triggers another flow that creates and sends the detailed report).

This workflow works, but requires me to have a fixed email address that the detailed report gets sent to. Ideally, I'd like to be able to detect what user is clicking on the link, and then send the email to the user who clicked the link. I'm assuming this means that I somehow need to be able to pass the user email through the URL, but I can't figure out how I would do that.

Is there a way to achieve this?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: When HTTP Request is Received - Detect User Who Clicks on Link

Hi @dprjustin,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you want to pass the email address of the user into the URL when a user click on this link?

If you want to pass the email address of the user into the URL when a user click on this link, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Fourm:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
dprjustin
Level: Powered On

Precisely. Thought that maybe since it runs through Azure that I could somehow grab the user account that made the call. Thanks!
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @dprjustin!

Have you had a chance to apply @v-xida-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel

Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,636)