cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

When MS Form submitted updates existing SharePoint list with responses. (Specifically Yes or No responses update with a value)

Hi, I've successfully tested the workflow using only Dynamic response selections in the List fields of the flow, but need help with the Expression if the choice for Yes is selected to indicate they want to Obsolete as I want that response to update the SharePoint list to the choice Obsolete.

if(equals(outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/ra9c13a24f4884ad3be0a8d353822219c'],'Yes'),'Obsolete')

if(outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/ra9c13a24f4884ad3be0a8d353822219c'],'Obsolete')

I think I've even tried true instead of Yes at some point without success.

Also, found a solution for another post where I tried to insert a Filter array just before the Update Item action.

I even attended the Power Platform conference yesterday in hopes I would learn enough to resolve this issue. There was nothing really detailed for writing expressions that helped me with this workflow, but it did give me the courage to reach out to the community and those with the experience to help me work through this workflow.

If anyone has some detailed instructions or a link or solution it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Also, Is there a trick to providing images in a post? I get an error when I try to paste a Snagit image of the workflow screen detail.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @EJG1 

The expression: 

if(equals(outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/ra9c13a24f4884ad3be0a8d353822219c'],'Yes'),'Obsolete') should work fine. Are you seeing any errors? 

You can save the screenshot on your machine as an image and upload by clicking the camera icon: 

erw.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted

Hi, yes I do get an error.

"Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Update_item_2' inputs at line '1' and column '21152': 'The template language function 'if' expects three parameter: the condition to test as the first parameter, the value to return if the condition is true as the second parameter, and the value to return if the condition is false as the third parameter. The function was invoked with '2' parameter(s). Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions#if for usage details.'."

It appears the expression is expecting to see something when it is False (Response=No), but I do not want it to update the List/ field if the Form Response is No.

Is there another expression condition that would be better to use? If there is no change in the current item status of Active or New I do not want to update this choice column.

I only want it to update SharePoint column if the Form response is Yes to make it "Obsolete"

I could possibly manipulate this question to make this one work, but have several other similar yes or no questions that will need the same type of condition applied once I get this one to work.

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,482)