cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShameerD
Frequent Visitor

When New email arrives

Hi Everyone,

I am working on this solution, that emails haloitsm to create a ticket, and I am trying to capture the ticket id from the reply email, but I cannot use the manual flow trigger and then use when new email arrive trigger as well, if I use the when new email trigger only, it doesn't show as a child flow, when trying to use it. Any ideas or suggestion that I can try?

Solution:

When new teams post is added, grab the details and email it to our ticketing system (really wish I could have gotten to use halo APIs but I cannot figure that out)

After it emails halo, it then sends teams and outlook notifications to a list of users

****all above works so far*******

now I want to create a child flow I can call to begin checking for the new email from halo with the ticket id in the subject.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

If it's an automated email that is returned from you, I would probably do a delayed loop instead of doing a separate flow - have it loop until the email appears with the same title within the email (or however they structure their email response.)  You can have a loop limit, ie, loop every 5 minutes for an hour and then terminate if nothing is received -- and then escalate, because that'd be an issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

If it's an automated email that is returned from you, I would probably do a delayed loop instead of doing a separate flow - have it loop until the email appears with the same title within the email (or however they structure their email response.)  You can have a loop limit, ie, loop every 5 minutes for an hour and then terminate if nothing is received -- and then escalate, because that'd be an issue.

can you guide me on how to do this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,155)