cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JohnH
Level: Powered On

When a File is Saved in a OneDrive Folder, Email that File, Then Delete File

All -- First, the flow is working just as I want it to --- it is just corrupting the excel files I'm wanting to send in the email.

I've tried files of all these types:

file types.PNG

The overall Flow is this:

overall.PNG

it analyzes a specific OneDrive Folder every five minutes, if a file is there, it generates an email, attaches that file, and sends it along.

The sent email looks great in Outlook.  When I or the addressee tries to open that file -- it reports it as corrupted.

Here is the dynamic portion of the email creation step:

email_add.PNG

Any advice or alternative methods would be appreciated --- again, the Flow works as I want it, it's just that the excel attachment is always corrupted when sent...

Thank you!

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: When a File is Saved in a OneDrive Folder, Email that File, Then Delete File

Hi @JohnH,

I afraid that you have choose the wrong dynamic content in the "Attachments Content" field of "Send an email"action.

Please choose the "File content" dynamic content of the trigger in the "Attachments Content" field of "Send an email"action as screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: When a File is Saved in a OneDrive Folder, Email that File, Then Delete File

Hi @JohnH,

I afraid that you have choose the wrong dynamic content in the "Attachments Content" field of "Send an email"action.

Please choose the "File content" dynamic content of the trigger in the "Attachments Content" field of "Send an email"action as screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

JohnH
Level: Powered On

I guess I had gone Flow-Blind™  after staring at it for so long.

Many thanks!

John

JamieCrosher
Level: Power Up

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem, However I have no choice for File Content. Only file path & file name. I am only wishing to create the email, attach the file when it is put in a designated folder & send to multiple recipients. All works well except the attachment is corrupt at the other end.Flow Error.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 422 members 5,847 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: