cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
feilda
Level: Powered On

When a Forms response is submitted create an item in a sharepoint list and insert a row in excel

i have a flow that enters form responses to a list when a form is submitted.  I want to also insert a new row in excel with the form responses.  I have seen the documentation on this an it indicates to use the action Excel insert row.  However, when i try to find this action i cannot find "insert row" in the options to chose from.  Can some help point me to what to use?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: When a Forms response is submitted create an item in a sharepoint list and insert a row in excel

Hey @feilda 

I think you're looking for the 'Add a row into a table' action?

a.png

HTH

Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.

If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

craigyappert

Re: When a Forms response is submitted create an item in a sharepoint list and insert a row in excel

So to solutions here ...

1) Forms already drops all of its data into an excel online file so you can use that and create data linkages from one excel to another. Depending on the Form .. the file is located eoither in the top level of your Personal OneDrive area or in a Group/Team Onedrive area.

2) You can't actually insert a row into an arbitrary sheet ... you need to do it into a Table. There is an actual template up in Flow that shows you how to do this.

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/67433eacead24931989eaebe43ba4cf7/add-...

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Hey @feilda 

I think you're looking for the 'Add a row into a table' action?

a.png

HTH

Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.

If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

craigyappert

So to solutions here ...

1) Forms already drops all of its data into an excel online file so you can use that and create data linkages from one excel to another. Depending on the Form .. the file is located eoither in the top level of your Personal OneDrive area or in a Group/Team Onedrive area.

2) You can't actually insert a row into an arbitrary sheet ... you need to do it into a Table. There is an actual template up in Flow that shows you how to do this.

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/67433eacead24931989eaebe43ba4cf7/add-...

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,051)